Host ID: 134
- Sample rate issues with previous shows.
- It's called sample rate not bit rate. Bit rate has to do with compression formats.
- Links for more information on mumble.
- How does a microphone work?
- What does a microphone pre-amplifier do?
- What types of capture devices you can use?
In this show we talk about what sound is and how we represent it digitally.
* A sine wave
* Analog to digital conversion
o Chopping it up. (Bit rate)
o How big is each slice. (Bit depth)
o What is a WAV and what is a broadcast WAV.
o What is a codec
o Lossless audio codecs
o Lossy audio codecs
In this show I talk about the new icecast and mumble server that I have made available to FLOSS/Hacker pod/oggcasterBecome a Correspondent
dworth a opensourcemusician.com