- Sample rate issues with previous shows.
- It's called sample rate not bit rate. Bit rate has to do with compression formats.
- Links for more information on mumble.
- Info on the new recording feature in mumble. http://mumble.sourceforge.net/1.2.3
- Info on compiling Mumble from source. http://mumble.sourceforge.net/BuildingLinux
- A not very good walk-through on recording mumble output using pulse audio. http://files.kral.ws/Tobias/Gentoo/mumble-conference_record_with_pulseaudio_and_gstreamer.txt
- How does a microphone work?
- Phantom Power
- What does a microphone pre-amplifier do?
- What types of capture devices you can use?
- v1.0 vs. v2.0
In this show we talk about what sound is and how we represent it digitally. * A sine wave * Analog to digital conversion o Chopping it up. (Bit rate) o How big is each slice. (Bit depth) o What is a WAV and what is a broadcast WAV. o What is a codec o Lossless audio codecs o Lossy audio codecs http://opensourcemusician.com irc.freenode.net #opensourcemusicians
In this show I talk about the new icecast and mumble server that I have made available to FLOSS/Hacker pod/oggcaster
dworth a opensourcemusician.com