Host ID: 305
Long time listener of HPR, drawn to Linux in 2008, because of the accessibility features (Orca, font size and mouse pointer customizability) which I continue to use daily until today, now plus the screen magnifier.
Lately, started work on ChorusText, a device built with Arduino, Linux SBC and some sliders, and text-to-speech - an open assistive device for users with visual impairment. The main goal for ChorusText is as a non-visual text editor. Plase see www.chorustext.org for more details
- ChorusText project page: www.chorustext.org
- eSpeak page: http://espeak.sourceforge.net/
- MaryTTS page: http://mary.dfki.de/index.html
- GNOME Asia Summit 2015 page: http://2015.gnome.asia/
- Singapore Maker Faire 2015 page: http://makerfairesingapore.com/get-involved/makers-2/