Host ID: 348
I'm an old retired dude. Former US Air Force and US Army living in the state of Georgia, USA with plenty time on my hands to mess with computers and electronic devices.
I've included various websites of the items I discussed in the podcast.
One thing I didn't mention in my podcast is that to use Roku streaming applications you go to the Roku store via your Roku device or via a computer browser and set up a Roku account. Once you have an account you have downloading access to the apps. Most of these apps are free but most premium service require a monthly fee which can be paid through Roku or the streaming service.
Roku Channel Store: https://channelstore.roku.com/browse
For apps not in the official Roku Channel Store there is an unofficial Roku Private Channels store. These are applications for Roku devices similar to the Kodi/XBMC plug-ins:
I AM NOT CONDONING PIRACY OR BREAKING OF DMCA LAWS!!!
DMCA Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act
I found a couple of apps in the Roku Private Channels store that can provide me access to ESPN if I wish to use them.
I don't condone piracy so use at your own risk:
General Roku information:
- Roku Wikipedia Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku
- TCL Roku TVs: http://www.tclusa.com/roku/
- Roku TVs Sold by Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=a9_asi_1?rh=i%3Aelectronics%2Cn%3A172282%2Ck%3Aroku+tv&keywords=roku+tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1485043393
- Roku Boxes: https://www.roku.com/roku-tv
- Amplified TV Antennas Review: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-tv-antennas,review-2354.html
- Indoor Amplified TV Antennas Sold by Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_5/159-5067263-7652968?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=amplified+indoor+hdtv+antenna&sprefix=ampli%2Cundefined%2C148&crid=14O1SJA572XSH
- Cox Communications: https://www.cox.com/residential/home.html
- SystemAU - Australian Linux Perspective with Music
- Accidental Tech Podcast - Apple Computers/Programs
- Android Central Podcast - Android Devices
- BleedTV Podcast - TV Info
- Common Sense with Dan Carlin
- Dan Carlin's Hard Core History - History Lessons
- Hacker Public Radio
- Jalen & Jacoby - ESPN Sports Guys
- Last Men on Earth - 2 Dudes Being Crude over Alcohol
- Linux Voice - Linux Guys talking Linux
- Linux for the Rest of US - Door to Door Geek & Cody Cooper
- MintCast - About Linux Mint from the Linux Mint Community
- MobileTech Roundup - Kevin Tofel & Mat Miller talking mobile devices
- Linux Luddites - Linux Talk From Cranky Dudes
- No Agenda - John Dvorak & Adam Curry Deconstruct the News
- PTI - Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon Talking Sports
- Stuff You Missed in History Class - Short, Concise History Lesson
- Talking TV with Ryan & Ryan - 2 TV Critics
- Television Zombies - 4 Friends Talking SF and Fantasy TV
- TLLTS - The Linux Link Tech Show
- The Talk Show with John Gruber - Daring Fireball/Apple Topics
- The Tony Kornheiser Show - Sports, Life, Politics, Movies, etc.
- TV Campfire Podcasts - TV Bloggers & TV Industry Pros Talking TV
- TV Talk Machine w/ Tom Goodman & Jason Snell - TV Industry
- TV Times Three - TV Bloggers Talking Up their Favorite Shows
- The Ubuntu Podcast - Ubuntu Linux Plus other Distros/Linux Info
- I Can't Believe this S*hit - 2 Politically Incorrect Dudes Talking Junk