Remember that feeling you got when you compiled your first executable and ran that sucker? You can get that feeling again every time you reach in the nestbox and pull out a freshly laid egg from birds you tend with your own hands. "Roll your own" eggs, then "share and enjoy" the surplus.
- Chickens == biological glue code
- Benefits of backyard chickening
- Challenges and misconceptions
- What you need (hardware): coop or tractor, feeders/waterers, materials
- What you need (wetware): chicks v. pullets v. hens.
- Breeds: egg production, meat production, dual purpose, ornamentals
- Don't panic: things that freak out newbie chickeners
- Chicken selector: http://www.mypetchicken.com/chicken-breeds/which-breed-is-right-for-me.aspx
- Backyard Chickens forum: http://www.backyardchickens.com
- Wiki overview of chicken tractors: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tractor
- Some other tractor ideas: http://home.centurytel.net/thecitychicken/tractors.html
- Some pictures of my setup: http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/fratermus/chickens/