HPR Community News for April 2011
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on 2011-05-02 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-NC-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg,
mp3 format. | Comments (4)
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
Welcome to our new admins Code Cruncher and pokey. Also welcome to our new hosts: HPR_AudioBookClub, Robin Catling, Jonathan Nadeau, code.cruncher, Brad Carter, scriptmunkee, Bob Evans, Disaster Protocol, imahuph, and sikilpaake & badbit. We welcome new hosts.
- 695 :: Ken Fallon :: Behind the Scenes at HPR.
- 696 :: MrGadgets :: MrGadgets Path toward Linux
- 697 :: Jonathan Nadeau :: Aaron Seigo talks about accessibility in KDE.
- 698 :: code.cruncher :: How I Found Linux
- 699 :: Brad Carter :: r0xy interviews Cap'n Crunch on cacti radio
- 700 :: MrGadgets :: Tech Tales of April's Past
- 701 :: scriptmunkee :: Backing Up Your Data Introduction
- 702 :: Ken Fallon :: 50th anniversary of human space flight
- 703 :: Bob Evans :: My Computer History
- 704 :: Disaster Protocol :: Disaster Protocol: Annoyed!
- 705 :: imahuph :: My first linux box
- 706 :: Jonathan Nadeau :: What to do when confronted with a blind person
- 707 :: Dismal Science :: Ubuntu on trial
- 708 :: JWP :: Enterprise resource planning
- 709 :: Skirlet :: The Language Frontier Episode 3
- 710 :: sikilpaake & badbit :: spics on tech
- 711 :: klaatu :: Klaatu and Verbal chat about web2py
- 712 :: Bariman :: Linux Jazz - Recording my Audio
- 713 :: pokey :: NELF Interview With Matt Lee and Donald Robertson
- 714 :: fullcirclepodcast :: Amber Graner from Ubuntu Women Project
- 715 :: Ken Fallon :: Interview With StankDawg
Hobby Public Radio - Wordpress
Read the posts and give Feedback
Should we re-license under cc-by-sa ?
Dropping the non-commercial
Interview with stank
The server has moved
Ken used skype call recorder to record the call
Who got fooled ?
Thanks to klaatu, Bradley M. Kuhn and Karen Sandler
We updated the RSS feed to use [cdata]
Congratulations to Linux Outlaws on reaching 200
Counting TWAtech we have passed 1015
OggCamp 11 - we'll be there
HPR Music is ours - thanks slick0
What is a syndicated show ?
The language frontier is a special case
HPR Design competition
all get a book Will be mailed out in a week or two
Will HPR be wanting a booth at SELF this year?
Comment #1 posted on 2011-05-05T03:43:43Z by ponyboy
Are there still stickers available? I'd love to show my support for HPR.
Comment #2 posted on 2011-05-06T18:02:38Z by Ken Fallon
Just email admin at hpr with your mailing address and we'll send you some stickers.
Comment #3 posted on 2011-05-16T00:15:53Z by Badcam
Skype Call Recorder....
Hey Guys. Love the shows. In this episode there was mention that Skype Call Recorder only recorded one side of the conversation. It actually can record both. You just have to move the slider in the Preferences under File Format. Make sure Save to Stereo is ticked and adjust the slider. If it's in the middle, you'll get both conversations. Better yet, you should be able to start two instances of Skype Call Recorder and have one slider set to the left to record only on channel and the other instances slider moved all the way to the right, so you can record the other channel separately. Even better, get both parties to run an instance of SCR and save only your own side of the conversation and mix them together later on for a really good quality MP3. Better listening for us :)
Keep it up guys. Loving it.
Comment #4 posted on 2011-05-17T04:52:58Z by Ken Fallon
Skype Call Recorder
It turns out that Skype Call Recorder can handle both sides. On the popup it showed that only one of the conference participants was been recorded but when we listened to the recording both were on one track.
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
Note to Verbose Commenters
If you can't fit everything you want to say in the comment below then you really should record a response show instead.
Note to Spammers
All comments are moderated. All links are checked by humans. We strip out all html. Feel free to record a show about yourself, or your industry, or any other topic we may find interesting. We also check shows for spam :).