DeepGeek TGTM Newscast for 2012-02-20
Shownotes are available at Show Notes for TGTM news 61
Here is a news review:
- Trial of Jimmy John's Bosses for Mass Firing of Whistleblower Workers Begins Today: Organizers Vow to Continue Fight for Change at Poverty-Wage Corporate Chains
- 600 percent increase in racial stop-and-frisk policing in NY
- Longshore workers name Occupy movement as crucial in EGT settlement
- Greek Hospital workers decide to occupy the hospital and run it themselves
- Prominent Republicans may be getting nervous about Romney’s chances
- Google Circumvents Safari Privacy Protections - This is Why We Need Do Not Track
- Pirate Bay: The RIAA Is Delusional and Must Be Stopped
- IIPA Reports BitTorrent Sites and Cyberlockers To US Government
- Congrats, US Government: You're Scaring Web Businesses Into Moving Out Of The US
- Australian Government Holds Secret Anti-Piracy Meetings; The Public Is Not Invited
- Will We Choose a Chinese Future?
- Athens burns: has Greece entered its Argentina moment?
- Co-operatives, capitalism and the IWW
- Roseanne Barr at 6% in national presidential poll, behind Romney by only 5% among 18 to 29 year old voters
- Bradley Manning for Nobel Peace Prize?
News from "iww.org, " "rawstory.com, the audio "Moment of Clarity #116," and "techdirt.com" used under arranged permission. News from "eff.org" and "torrentfreak.com" used under permission of the Creative Commons by-attribution license. News from "peoplesworld.org" used under permission of the Creative Commons by-attribution non-commercial no-derivatives license. News from "indybay.org" used under terms of the webpage. News from "takethesquare.net" is copyleft, translation from Greek courtesy the reddit community. News Sources retain their respective copyrights.