TGTM Newscast for 2012/08/22
Here is a news review:
- Britain Vows to Deny Assange Safe Passage
- ‘Top-two’ primary election limits choice, promotes voter apathy
- Romney would pay less than 1% in taxes under Ryan plan
- Worse Than I Thought
- Secret Boy Scout Predator Files Released
- Government Faces New Warrantless Surveillance Battle After Losing Landmark GPS Tracking Case
- Pakistan's Internet Censorship Worsens...Again
- Google Starts Punishing “Pirate” Sites In Search Results
- New Data Exposes BitTorrent Throttling ISPs
- Internet Archive Starts Seeding 1,398,875 Torrents
- The Freedom 7 Are Beating Obama in Court
- WikiLeaks: Paraguay's "Quasi-Coup" Has the Smell of Oil
- Facebook And ACLU Argue That 'Liking' Something Is Protected By The First Amendment
- Walmart workers paint graphic picture of working conditions throughout supply chain
- Green Party to Obama: Call off federal crackdowns on medical marijuana, respect state laws
News from "thestand.org," "rawstory.com," "maggiemcneill.wordpress.com," Audio clip "Moc#153 Purging Voter Rolls," and "allgov.com" used under arranged permission.
News from "torrentfreak.com," and "eff.org" used under permission of the Creative Commons by-attribution license.
News from "democracynow.org" used under permission of the Creative Commons by-attribution non-commercial no-derivatives license.
News Sources retain their respective copyrights.