Introduction to sed - part 3
In the last episode we looked at
sed at a more advanced level. We looked at all of the command-line options which we will cover in this series and examined the s command in much more detail. We covered many more details of regular expressions.
In this episode we will look at more
sed commands and how to use them.
To read the rest of the notes for this episode follow this link: http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps/hpr1997/full_shownotes.html
- Introduction to sed - part 1: http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=1976
- Introduction to sed - part 2: http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=1986
- Wikipedia entry for
- "Sed - An Introduction and Tutorial" by Bruce Barnett: http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sed.html
- The Geek Stuff Unix Sed Tutorial: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/09/unix-sed-tutorial-printing-file-lines-using-address-and-patterns/
- Example files:
- Demonstration of grouping: http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps/hpr1997/demo2.sed
- Example 6
- Example 7 executable