My new laptop
I attended OggCamp15 in Liverpool at the end of October 2015. As usual I bought some raffle tickets as a contribution to the expenses of the (un-)conference, not paying much attention to the prizes.
Actually, the star prize was a laptop donated by Entroware, a significant sponsor of the event, one of the most impressive prizes ever offered at OggCamp. There was quite a lot of excitement about this prize.
I attended the drawing of the raffle at the end of proceedings on the Sunday. Dan Lynch (of Linux Outlaws, and a frequent organiser of OggCamp) was in attendance overseeing the selection of the raffle tickets. Various smaller prizes were won and the tension built up as the final drawing approached.
Things got very tense when the first number drawn for the laptop was called and nobody responded. Then another draw was made.
Imagine my shock and surprise when I realised I had the winning ticket! I had won the star prize in the OggCamp raffle!
See the full show notes here http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps/hpr2007/full_shownotes.html for the details of the laptop.
- OggCamp15: http://oggcamp.org/
- Entroware Ltd.: http://entroware.com/
- Wikipedia article on "Ubuntu Netbook Edition": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Netbook_Edition
- Wikipedia article on "CrunchBang Linux": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrunchBang_Linux
- TuxJam: http://unseenstudio.co.uk/category/tuxjam-ogg/