Welcome to our new host:
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows released during the month or to past shows. There are 19 comments in total.
There is 1 comment on 1 previous show:
- hpr2807 (2019-05-07) "Are bash local variables local?" by clacke.
- Comment 1: Dave Morriss on 2019-06-06: "Thanks for this"
This month's shows
There are 18 comments on 8 of this month's shows:
- hpr2827 (2019-06-04) "Unscripted ramblings from my garage about my first CTF event" by Christopher M. Hobbs.
- Comment 1: Christopher M. Hobbs on 2019-05-30: "event cancellation"
- Comment 2: tuturto on 2019-06-04: "sorry to hear about cancellation"
- hpr2829 (2019-06-06) "Discussion around fair use clips on HPR" by Various Hosts.
- hpr2830 (2019-06-07) "HPR NYE Show 2018-2019 part 1" by Honkeymagoo.
- Comment 1: folky on 2019-06-10: "plumble is better than I thought."
- Comment 2: folky on 2019-06-10: "More %"
- Comment 3: Dave Morriss on 2019-06-10: "Missing '%' in date command"
- hpr2831 (2019-06-10) "Interview with Robbie Ferguson" by Yannick.
- Comment 1: b-yeezi on 2019-06-10: "Just what I was looking for "
- hpr2832 (2019-06-11) "How I got started in Linux" by Shannon Wright.
- Comment 1: NYbill on 2019-06-11: "Welcome!"
- hpr2833 (2019-06-12) "Jeroen chats with Joep Piscaer" by Jeroen Baten.
- Comment 1: Ahuka on 2019-06-14: "Great show!"
- hpr2837 (2019-06-18) "parallax live desktops in android" by operat0r.
- Comment 1: norrist on 2019-06-18: "I like this kind of episode."
- hpr2839 (2019-06-20) "Sample episode of the Distrohoppers Digest podcast" by Ken Fallon.
- Comment 1: Mike Ray on 2019-06-20: "Accessibility"
- Comment 2: Bob on 2019-06-20: "reply to Mike"
- Comment 3: Mike Ray on 2019-06-20: "Accessibility and non-English character sets"
- Comment 4: Tony Hughes on 2019-06-21: "Responce to Mike and Bob"
- Comment 5: Bob on 2019-06-23: "I wasn't serious"
- Comment 6: Mike Ray on 2019-06-25: "Accessibility"
- Comment 7: TonyH1212 on 2019-06-29: "Further responce to Mike and Bob"
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2019-June/thread.html
With the kind permission of LWN.net we are linking to The LWN.net Community Calendar.
Quoting the site:
This is the LWN.net community event calendar, where we track events of interest to people using and developing Linux and free software. Clicking on individual events will take you to the appropriate web page.
Any other business
Issue with advanced RSS settings
The page at http://www.hackerpublicradio.org/advanced_rss_settings.php describes a series of features that allow the specification of a tailored RSS feed.
One of the features is
'gomax=1' which includes shows in the queue scheduled for the future. For example, the following URL requests 30 OGG format shows including those scheduled for the future:
However, there is a problem with this, caused by the way we direct downloads to
archive.org. We usually upload the next week’s shows to
archive.org, but not all future shows as they arrive. This means that the links to some future shows returned by the feed point to currently non-existent episodes.
This has been the case ever since we moved to using
archive.org in this way, in late 2017. We have not received any comments or complaints about it in that time, so the question is:
Does anyone use
Tags and Summaries
Thanks to the following contributor for sending in updates in the past month: Tony Hughes
Over the period tags and/or summaries have been added to 6 shows which were without them.
If you would like to contribute to the tag/summary project visit the summary page at https://hackerpublicradio.org/report_missing_tags.php and follow the instructions there.