hpr2936 :: HPR Community News for October 2019
Ken discusses last months shows and talks about OggCamp, FLOSS Weekly, FOSDEM, and Star Wars.
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Monday 2019-11-04 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (3)
Part of the series: HPR Community News
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
Welcome to our new host:
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows released during the month or to past shows. There are 14 comments in total.
There are 7 comments on 5 previous shows:
- hpr2895 (2019-09-06) "The work of fire fighters, part 2" by Jeroen Baten.
- Comment 3: Don on 2019-10-20: "great podcast"
- hpr2900 (2019-09-13) "Better Social Media 01 - Introduction" by Ahuka.
- Comment 1: Jeroen baten on 2019-10-05: "Hope you will find time to discuss Okuna"
- Comment 2: Kevin O'Brien on 2019-10-05: "No plans for now"
- hpr2906 (2019-09-23) "Feature Engineering for Data-Driven Decision Making" by b-yeezi.
- Comment 2: Gabriel Evenfire on 2019-10-08: "Love the idea here..."
- hpr2909 (2019-09-26) "ONICS Basics Part 3: Networking Fundamentals" by Gabriel Evenfire.
- Comment 2: Gabriel Evenfire on 2019-10-08: "Thanks for the feedback"
- Comment 3: gerryk on 2019-10-17: "Yet another top episode"
- hpr2911 (2019-09-30) "my internet connection" by Jezra.
- Comment 1: Beeza on 2019-10-05: "HPR 2911"
This month's shows
There are 7 comments on 5 of this month's shows:
- hpr2913 (2019-10-02) "Windows, SDN, and Firewalls" by Beto.
- Comment 1: ClaudioM on 2019-10-02: "+1 on Chocolatey Recommendation"
- hpr2915 (2019-10-04) "Intro - My Recording Setup" by Carl.
- Comment 1: Ken Fallon on 2019-10-04: "More shows on ...."
- hpr2921 (2019-10-14) "Geocaching with the family" by thelovebug.
- Comment 1: jezra on 2019-10-17: "what a fun adventure"
- Comment 2: Kevin O'Brien on 2019-10-17: "I loved the show"
- hpr2925 (2019-10-18) "LinuxLugCast's Memorial for FiftyOneFifty " by Honkeymagoo.
- Comment 1: lostnbronx on 2019-10-19: "I Never Met Fifty, But I Knew Him"
- hpr2928 (2019-10-23) "Building markov chains with Haskell" by tuturto.
- Comment 1: b-yeezi on 2019-10-29: "Thanks for this episode"
- Comment 2: tuturto on 2019-10-31: "thanks for the feedback!"
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:https://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2019-October/thread.html
With the kind permission of LWN.net we are linking to The LWN.net Community Calendar.
Quoting the site:
This is the LWN.net community event calendar, where we track events of interest to people using and developing Linux and free software. Clicking on individual events will take you to the appropriate web page.
Any other business
Ken Fallon and Ahuka appeared on FLOSS Weekly Episode 553 on October 30th 2019 to talk about Hacker Public Radio.
There was an HPR presence at OggCamp 2019. This was held at The Manchester Conference Centre during the weekend of October 19th and 20th 2019. We had an HPR table, which was manned by many HPR hosts and received many visitors. Ken recorded interviews which will be released later in November.
A request has been made to get a Podcasters table at FOSDEM 2020.
HPR on podcast networks
We need some help getting HPR on Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, etc.
Ken versus espeak
Which is preferable, the espeak show summary or Ken’s new reading of the information?
Watching Star Wars for the first time
A question: should it be watched in Episode or Production Order?
Tags and Summaries
There were no tag or summary updates in the past month.
If you would like to contribute to the tag/summary project visit the summary page at https://hackerpublicradio.org/report_missing_tags.php and follow the instructions there.
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr2936.wav