hpr3631 :: HPR Community News for June 2022
HPR Volunteers talk about shows released and comments posted in June 2022
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Monday 2022-07-04 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: HPR Community News
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
There were no new hosts this month.
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows released during the month or to past shows. There are 25 comments in total.
There are 2 comments on 2 previous shows:
- hpr3531 (2022-02-14) "Barrier: Software KVM" by Windigo.
- Comment 2: Ken Fallon on 2022-06-30: "Excellent !"
- hpr3606 (2022-05-30) "Infinity is just a big number and other proofs" by Ken Fallon.
- Comment 1: Kevin O'Brien on 2022-06-01: "Not like me"
This month's shows
There are 23 comments on 10 of this month's shows:
- hpr3608 (2022-06-01) "Battling with English - part 5" by Dave Morriss.
- Comment 1: Stache_AF on 2022-06-01: "The Eggcorn That Gets Me"
- Comment 2: Windigo on 2022-06-01: "Eggcorns"
- Comment 3: Dave Morriss on 2022-06-01: "Champing and chomping"
- Comment 4: Dave Morriss on 2022-06-01: "A robot did it and ran away"
- hpr3609 (2022-06-02) "Linux Inlaws S01E57: Operating System Level Virtualisation and Martin's Faith" by monochromec.
- Comment 1: Mechatroniac on 2022-06-22: "Unite Germany and Russia"
- hpr3613 (2022-06-08) "Man buys cheap Adirondack chair" by dnt.
- Comment 1: Windigo on 2022-06-08: "Adirondack chairs"
- Comment 2: dnt on 2022-06-08: "Re: Adirondack chairs"
- hpr3615 (2022-06-10) "I am a troll and I'm trolling HPR, trolling HPR, trolling HPR." by Ken Fallon.
- Comment 1: Windigo on 2022-06-10: "Disappointing"
- Comment 2: FXB on 2022-06-12: "A Troll is a Troll."
- Comment 3: Mechatroniac on 2022-06-13: "fucking bullshit"
- hpr3617 (2022-06-14) "admin admin S01E05: To Do List - 2FA" by Lurking Prion.
- Comment 1: Stache_AF on 2022-06-14: "Google Authenticator"
- Comment 2: Lurking Prion on 2022-06-15: "Google Authenticator Improvements"
- Comment 3: Some Guy On The Internet on 2022-06-18: "I agree."
- Comment 4: LurkingPrion on 2022-06-22: "No Security..?"
- Comment 5: one_of_spoons on 2022-06-26: "Two factor authentication : "andOTP""
- hpr3619 (2022-06-16) "Linux Inlaws S01E58: Kubernetes and Friends and Sarah" by monochromec.
- Comment 1: Sarah on 2022-06-22: "Hello!"
- hpr3620 (2022-06-17) "Photo storage, backups, and workflow" by Ahuka.
- Comment 1: Some Guy On The Internet on 2022-06-18: "Great Show"
- Comment 2: Kevin O'Brien on 2022-06-18: "Glad I could help"
- hpr3621 (2022-06-20) "Watching YouTube in 2022" by Dave Morriss.
- Comment 1: Mechatroniac on 2022-06-22: "Youtube is no good anymore"
- Comment 2: Mechatroniac on 2022-06-23: "Mr Teslonian"
- hpr3624 (2022-06-23) "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About PEX Parts 3 & 4" by Trey.
- Comment 1: b-yeezi on 2022-06-26: "Unexpected relevance"
- hpr3625 (2022-06-24) "Shell Tips and Snippets - Collaborative Effort" by Carl.
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:https://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2022-June/thread.html
With the kind permission of LWN.net we are linking to The LWN.net Community Calendar.
Quoting the site:
This is the LWN.net community event calendar, where we track events of interest to people using and developing Linux and free software. Clicking on individual events will take you to the appropriate web page.
Any other business
Publishing code for the HPR site
The question came up during the month - is the HPR site code open source, and if so where is it?
Older HPR shows on archive.org, phase 2
Now that all shows from number 1 to the latest have been uploaded to the Internet Archive there are other tasks to perform. We are reprocessing and re-uploading shows in the range 871 to 2429 as explained in the Community News show notes released in May 2022. We are keeping a running total here to show progress:
- Re-uploads done so far: 431
- Shows remaining to be done: 1128
- Shows uploaded by last Community News recording: 271
- Shows added since last recording: 160
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3631.wav