hpr3795 :: 2022-2023 New Years Show Episode 1
2022 - 2023 new years show where people come together and chat the year away
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Friday 2023-02-17 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: hpr,new years,community.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: HPR New Year Show
Our community welcomes in every time zone to the New Year in this annual event.
Welcome to the 11th Annual Hacker Public Radio show. It is December the 31st 2022 and the time is 10 hundred hours UTC. We start the show by sending Greetings to Christmas Island/Kiribati and Samoa Kiritimati, Apia. Chatting with Honkey, Mordancy, Joe, Ken, and others
Discussed: pi hole, podman, RPIs, Pfsense, and netminers new micro pc
Introduction by Ken and Honkey.
The New Years Celebrations.
- Civilizations around the world have been celebrating the start of each new year for at least four millennia. Today, most New Year’s festivities begin on December 31 (New Year’s Eve), the last day of the Gregorian calendar, and continue into the early hours of January 1 (New Year’s Day).
- HPR: So
you want to do a podcast?
- Wikihow: How to make a good podcast.
- Death Wish Coffee
- We lead with an alternative point of view, providing bold, smooth cups of coffee to our people. We find fresh ways to enjoy coffee, and we foster community along the way. Disrupting the status quo interests us, so we create edgy, sarcastic content. We live to rebel against blah beans—and a boring, lackluster life.
- Thailand Elephant Sanctuary
commandline: List of commands and arguments.
- VLC commandline: Documentation.
- VLC commandline: Audio streaming from the commandline.
- pavucontrol: PulseAudio Volume Control.
- youtube: MotorWeek Over the Edge: Hearse Convention.
- xiph: The Ogg container format.
- Ogg is a multimedia container format, and the native file and stream format for the Xiph.org multimedia codecs. As with all Xiph.org technology is it an open format free for anyone to use.
- Library of Congress: .ogg file format.
- Wikipedia: .mp3 file format.
- xiph: .flac file
- FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. This is similar to how Zip works, except with FLAC you will get much better compression because it is designed specifically for audio, and you can play back compressed FLAC files in your favorite player (or your car or home stereo, see supported devices) just like you would an MP3 file.
- Wikipedia: .flac file format.
- elephantguide: How Much Can An Elephant Lift?
Thai Embassy: Thailand’s wild tiger population shows impressive
- bangkokpost: Thailand has highest number of wild tigers in Southeast Asia.
- mumble: Mumble is a free, open source, low latency, high quality voice chat application.
- atpinc: What is M.2? Keys and Sockets Explained.
- armbian: Linux for ARM development boards.
- pine64: ROCK64 is a credit card sized Single Board Computer.
- docker: realies/nicotine.
- Kubuntu is a free, complete, and open-source alternative to Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X which contains everything you need to work, play, or share. Check out the Feature Tour if you would like to learn more!
- Podman is a daemonless container engine for developing, managing, and running OCI Containers on your Linux System.
- A container is a standard unit of software that packages up code and all its dependencies so the application runs quickly and reliably from one computing environment to another. A Docker container image is a lightweight, standalone, executable package of software that includes everything needed to run an application: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries and settings.
- Containers and VMs Together?
- cockpit: Cockpit is a
web-based graphical interface for servers, intended for everyone.
- manage virtual machines in Cockpit.
- etherpad: big boy show notes.
- redhat: Transitioning from Docker to Podman.
- lugcast: We are an open Podcast/LUG that meets every first and third Friday of every month using mumble.
- [logitech:](https://www.logitech G435 Ultra-light Wireless Bluetooth Gaming Headset.
philosophy: Junk volume.
- "Junk volume" refers to exercise that doesn't improve strength or build muscle, wasting your time and energy.
- Leg day workout
- jitsi: Jitsi Free & Open Source Video Conferencing Projects.
- mintCast The podcast by the Linux Mint community for all users of Linux.
- The Linux link tech show The Linux Link Tech Show is one of the longest running Linux podcasts in the world.
- PETG 3D Printing Filament.
- military-today The Patriot is a long-range air defense missile system.
- raspberrypi single board computers.
- pfsense: pfSense is a firewall/router computer software distribution based on FreeBSD.
- Snort is the foremost Open Source Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) in the world. Snort IPS uses a series of rules that help define malicious network activity and uses those rules to find packets that match against them and generates alerts for users.
- Snort can be deployed inline to stop these packets, as well. Snort has three primary uses: As a packet sniffer like tcpdump, as a packet logger — which is useful for network traffic debugging, or it can be used as a full-blown network intrusion prevention system. Snort can be downloaded and configured for personal and business use alike.
- In addition to blocking advertisements, Pi-hole has an informative Web interface that shows stats on all the domains being queried on your network.
- nlnetlabs: Unbound Unbound is a validating, recursive, caching DNS resolver. It is designed to be fast and lean and incorporates modern features based on open standards.
- DHCP server
- dietpi: DietPi is an extremely lightweight Debian OS, highly optimised for minimal CPU and RAM resource usage, ensuring your SBC always runs at its maximum potential.
- servethehome: Project Tiny Mini Micro, cool 1 liter pc builds.
- filezilla: The FileZilla Client supports FTP, FTP over TLS (FTPS), and SFTP.
Configure a Network Team Using the Text User Interface,
- howtogeek: Manage Linux Wi-Fi Networks With Nmtui.
- travelcodex: The Southwest Airlines Meltdown.
- kickstarter: Arduboy, the game system the size of a credit card.
- pine64: Pinetab 2.
- orangepi: Orange Pi 800, Mini PC in a keyboard.
- southeastlinuxfest: The SouthEast LinuxFest is a community event for anyone who wants to learn more about Linux and Open Source Software.
- fosdem: FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate.
- stallman: Richard Stallman's Personal Site.
- freedos: FreeDOS is a complete, free, DOS-compatible operating system. While we provide some utilities, you should be able to run any program intended for MS-DOS.
- reactos: Imagine running your favorite Windows applications and drivers in an open-source environment you can trust.
- wikipedia: Windows 3.0.
- winehq: a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, macOS, & BSD.
- playonlinux: PlayOnLinux is a piece of software which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
- protondb: Proton is a new tool released by Valve Software that has been integrated with Steam Play to make playing Windows games on Linux as simple as hitting the Play button within Steam.
- libreoffice: LibreOffice is a free and powerful office suite.
- linuxmint: Linux Mint is a community-driven Linux distribution based on Ubuntu, bundled with a variety of free and open-source applications.
- xfce: Xfce or XFCE is a free and open-source desktop environment for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems.
- crunchbang: CrunchBang was a Debian GNU/Linux based distribution offering a great blend of speed, style and substance.
- mozilla: firefox
- google chrome
- toastmasters Toastmasters International is a nonprofit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs.
- Asperger syndrome
- BASIC BASIC (Beginners' All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) is a family of general-purpose, high-level programming languages designed for ease of use. The original version was created by John G. Kemeny and Thomas E. Kurtz at Dartmouth College in 1963.
- IRC IRC is short for Internet Relay Chat. It is a popular chat service still in use today.
- second life
- zulu clock
Mumble Server: Delwin
HPR Site/VPS: Joshua Knapp - AnHonestHost.com
Shownotes by: Sgoti and hplovecraft
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3795.wav