[Hpr] Pre-releaseing episodes

Deepgeek s at deepgeek.us
Fri Oct 10 05:09:19 PDT 2008

Hi, Guys,

I have a new blog, and I want to do a companion article on all my new
podcasts, I therefore have a question for all the contributors.

Is it cool or uncool to pre-release episodes on a personal blog?

It looks like the normal thing will be for hackerpublicradio.org to
drive traffic to my little boring blog, but when they do get there, I
like them to have a choice of download format, such as ogg or flac in
addition to the normal mp3.  Often, I will give an episode to Enigma
without a number, and let him assign a number upon publishing it.
Example is my last episode, my original is "whitelisting-cpanel.mp3",
upon publication, it becomes "hpr0202.mp3".  I want to know if it is
cool if I make my companion blog entry to allow downloading something
like "whitelisting-cpanel" with links to the ogg, flac, and mp3, and
then later change the name to "hpr0202" later, upon publication.

What do you guys think?
---
Deepgeek