[Hpr] Forums/OGG Feed

s s at deepgeek.us
Wed Mar 11 05:23:34 PDT 2009

Hi, Yall,

My two cent for all it's worth....

I think we should have the ogg feed.  I think that considering that
much of our content is about open source systems, I think that having
mp3 only is a bummer.  Ideally, it should be scripted, but the HPR
correspondent should be allowed to make his own ogg file if he so
chooses, as I believe correspondents should be allowed to set their own
quality standards if they want to.

As far as forums, I think it is not a good idea, IMHO.  There is a work
load associated with having any kind of forum in terms of moderation
and I don't think we should get into it.  I know that Stank Dawg is
intimately involved with HPR, and he is already hosting an excellent
forum, and I sincerely believe that any needs our listeners may have
are better met as well as more efficiently handled there.  All things
considered, maybe a folder in a forum for HPR should be considered.

Thank you for hearing me out,
---
Deepgeek