[Hpr] OGG Feed

slick0 slick0 at slick0.net
Mon Oct 5 15:53:12 PDT 2009

Although I'm not against the idea, I just can't see it would really add
much.  I'm sure mp3 format isn't limiting the listener base for one
thing :).  Also, if it's about the quality increase, then up-converting
the mp3's wont get you there..  Quality could be gained if it's required
to upload a recording in a higher bitrate or lossless format that would
be down converted to both mp3 and ogg.  If converting from one to the
other at a similar bit rate, you'll get the artifacts of both formats
instead of just the one.  It's worth noting though, that converting from
ogg to mp3 would be the ideal direction assuming the same bit rate on each.

-slick0