[Hpr] Hacker Public Radio booth at Northeast Linux Fest

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Tue Dec 7 22:37:30 PST 2010

Hi Patrick,
The stickers look great. Prices look good for the sizes and shape you
are having done, but could be cheaper if you go do a non die-cut shape
(rectangle). My experience of selling stickers at conferences has been
that you might sell a couple at best with simple designs like these,
unless there's something universally attractive about them (I hate to
say it but skulls and/or nekid girl silhouettes in the design draw
attention, even among geeks). However, they do make great freebees for
advertisement. I'd say you have to decide if you want write the cost
off as an advertisement expense or if you want to make money. If you
want to recoup your expense then you need a sexy sticker.

Another option is to sell something else to subsidize the expense of
the advertisement. But that generally gets quite a bit more expensive
than the stickers themselves and I'm not sure what else you would be
selling (DVD's with a complete HPR archive on them might be one option).

I have never been let down with PSPrint, they are having a special
until the 15th if you can switch up to a non-die cut shape:
http://www.psprint.com/stickers-labels

Hope that helps, sorry that this probably won't help convince the wife.

-dosman