[Hpr] HPR RIP ?

Arron M Finnon afinnon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:50:22 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 09:15 -0400, Klaatu wrote:

> I believe HPR is actually a lot healthier than you think it is.  i
> can't access the FTP server (my IP address gets blocked frequently,
> apparently due to an evil automagic iptable rule?) but if I could, I'd
> tell you exactly how many episodes were sitting there waiting to be
> posted.  I know for a fact that I have at least 9 (probably a low
> estimate) SELF interviews that have been sitting there for 3 months.
> SigFLUP's field trip (ep 567 i think?) had been sitting for a month
> before posted.  Insert other examples here.
>
> I think what really 'needs' to happen is that the shows that exist
> need to be posted.

Couldn't agree more, hell with the back log we could run two a day for a
while and really come back with a bang.

> So...the way I see it, either:
>
> 1. Someone who is not going to be blocked needs to log in and post
> episodes.
> 2. The posting process needs to be semi-automated or greatly
> simplified
> 3. I need ssh access or to get at least one ip address that I would
> log in from NOT blocked.
>
> And then HPR would start looking a lot healthier.

Really seems like your agreeing that we all need to be captains of our
own boats, or in this case our own shows for HPR.  Have i picked it up
wrong?  Plus some other tech stuff that needs to be handled