[Hpr] New Year's Eve live show ball is rolling

Patrick Dailey pdailey03 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:18:46 PST 2011

To be honest Joshua, I don't know the best route to take here. I'm a long
time Linux noob with very little server experience. EC2 was just the only
thing I could think of in case no one stepped forward. Ideally we'd have a
machine somewhere with a ton of bandwidth, that could bridge sip, mumble
and skype to give people the greatest number of options for calling in.
Minimally I think Mumble and icecast would do the trick, because mumble is
such a low barrier to entry.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Joshua Knapp <jknapp85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am willing to lend a hand in hosting and provide the server space for
> it. LP is providing hosting for HPR, and I can spin up VMs with out having
> any out of pocket expense.  Just let me know what is needed.
>
>  On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Daniel Worth <pipemanmusic at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> What if that one non mumble call were to the TLLTS sip box? Then their
>>> box could pipe all of the other incoming calls to your machine.
>>>

>> That's not a bad idea.
>>

>>> I have a concern though. I have no idea how much bandwidth this will
>>> use, and I'd hate for you to get nailed with overage charges if we hit your
>>> limit.
>>

>> Bandwidth on my server or bandwidth on my ISP?
>>
>> I don't think either would be an issue.

Thank You,
Patrick Dailey

Not sent from an iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android or any other such
hipster device.