[Hpr] HPR New Year's Eve show info.

Patrick Dailey pdailey03 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 20:12:10 PST 2011

OK, we have a server mumble server and an icecast stream set up for
Saturday's show.
Big thanks to the PipeManMusic from the Open Source Musician's Podcast for
setting up the server for us.
Here are the details.

We will be recording from about noon to midnight Eastern US time. (maybe
longer. who knows?) All HPR contributors *and listeners* are welcome to
call in (as long as there's room on the server) and discuss their favorite
HPR shows and topics of 2011, or bring a topic that you think would help us
to have a good show. We'll be streaming the whole thing, as well as
distilling it down to one or more podcasts for the rss feed. Whether you've
contributed to HPR or not, please consider calling in and helping us to
make this a great HPR community event.

Mumble server address:
 174.123.227.204
Port:
 43556
Password:
 OSMPMumble

For callers there will be a seperate room to test your setup before jumping
in the live room just to avoid doing on air mic checks. Please check your
sound there before jumping into the main room. Please set compression to
the 31.8Kb/s speex codec for compatibility (NOT the CELT codec), and use
push to talk.

The stream will be on:
 174.123.224.204:43684/stream.ogg

If you can provide a stream mirror, please publish that to your people
instead of the primary one. If anyone has spare website names lying around
that they want to temporarily redirect it that static address, that would
be very cool too.

I'm thinking that we may also want to set up a dedicated irc channel for
the day also.

If you have any other ideas that I've missed, post 'em or bring 'em on the
day.

Happy New Year Hacker Public Radio!

--
Thank You,
pokey

Not sent from an iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android or any other such
hipster device.