[Hpr] What codec to use, Was: Re: Need Tech Supporters for HPR Live Show

chattr lsattr.chattr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 09:42:50 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 11:53:26AM -0500, Bryan Pearson wrote:
> Im not sure I can pledge a considerable amount of time. But Ill try to be
> present as much as possible.  Just depends on what my guests want.
>
> I am not sure if has been communicated, what codecs and what versions are
> we hoping to use?
>
> Bryan

[snip]

Not sure what you mean by versions (versions of what?  Mumble?), but
according to the hpr main page 'Please set compression to the 31.8Kb/s
speex codec for compatibility (NOT the CELT codec), and use push to
talk.'  Bruce has a screenshot of the mumble 1.2.3 Configure -->
Settings --> Audio Input options, where you set the compression quality.
The screenshot is on the linuxbasix.com home page.

IIUC, you don't need to get the compression set at exactly 31.8, as long
as the mumble audio input options display that you'll be using speex.
IOW, setting the Kb/s to say, 30, is ok.