[Hpr] Syndicated shows

Jason Carr fratermus+hprlist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:41:22 PST 2011

> everyone but also with a view to automating the task.

I'm all for the automation to reduce admin workload.

>If a show is posted to a RSS feed before been posted to HPR then it
> would be considered to be a syndicated show.

Agreed.

> resubmission of a series that was on a podcast that faded so probably
> noone heard them. Are theses shows now syndicated or do I schedule
> them as HPR shows ?

My instinct is that they are syndicated based on the definition above.

> We have also had submissions from a host that posts to the HPR FTP
> server and their own feed at the same time. Because of the delay in
> HPR scheduling they come out later than their own RSS feed. So are
> these also now syndicated ?

I say they are HPR shows, based on the definition above;  "same time"
means they were not in an alien RSS "previous" to submission to HPR.

I hope I haven't muddied the water any worse.

--
jason carr