[Hpr] A hair brained idea from 5150, HPR "cast" offer to do voices for a Podiobooks author

Fifty OneFifty fiftyonefifty at linuxbasement.com
Wed Jun 22 13:00:57 PDT 2011

This is something I've been kicking around and I wanted to get opinions.  I
don't want to add to anyone's workload, but I thought it might be fun as
well as a good way to promote HPR.  I think many of us enjoy selections from
PodioBooks.com, where the voice acting is usually done by the author and not
a full cast. I thought HPR might offer to provide the cast for an upcoming
book (our own LostNBronx should get first refusal, though he is so
convincing playing multiple parts on his own).  Those with more time to
commit could offer to play major roles, those with tighter schedules could
do the one line bit parts.  We also have the advantage of being able to
offer an international cast.  We could even open it up to all of
OggCastPlanet, i.e. TLLTS, KPO et all.

The one hurdle would be that actors recording by themselves might not as
cohesive as actors who can respond to each other's inflections.  I'm
thinking the major cast members could play the bigger scenes out over VOIP
(I was thinking Mumble).

FiftyOneFifty