[Hpr] owning binrev

slick0 slick0 at slick0.net
Fri May 6 07:32:38 PDT 2011

I imagine part of the confusion was how HPR came about during the ending
(merging) of both binrev radio and TWATech radio.  Both had their roots,
but having them merge as something new could be seen as somewhat of a
rejuvenation effort to keep things going full force without the starting
points.

I myself have never thought of HPR as not being a part of binrev, the
idea is just alien to me. That said, I can understand how it could be
lost to the listeners if it's never mentioned. Certainly, many of the
friendships I've made in the hacker community are thanks in part to
binrev. If not for binrev radio and 2600 as insparation, and binrev's
ddp hack radio as a platform, basenet would likely have never bothered
starting, and I similarly would have never bothered with any
conferences, etc.

If you want me to do any voice overs for HPR with the binrev name, etc,
just let me know and I'll get right on it. Let's get this brand pushed!

-slick0