[Hpr] HPR Theme

lostnbronx lostnbronx at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 12:28:23 PDT 2011

Honestly, I don't like any of the new themes.  The highly orchestrated
one seems like a pretentious network news broadcast, and the other one
wasn't memorable at all.  What, exactly, is the motivation for a new
theme?  Have there been complaints about the old one?

I believe that there really is a fair amount of brand awareness
associated with the current tune.  If it's sounding a little long in
the tooth, then I suggest asking the more musical members of the HPR
community to come up with a new arrangement of the old theme --
something immediately identifiable as HPR, but more updated-sounding?
I don't even know if that's possible, but it would be nice.

Oh, and it would be VERY nice if it the Intro theme was made much
shorter!  Honestly, it really doesn't need to be over 10 to 15
seconds.  Regular listeners have to sit through that thing five times
a week, and its sole purpose is to identify the show as HPR.  A quick
riff on the old theme would accomplish this, and get right into the
content.  The Outro theme can be as long as it needs to be, to get the
hosting and contact info out there: anyone interested in that will
have no problem sitting through it, while everyone else can just skip
it.