[Hpr] Scheduling the same host or series in one week

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 11:09:11 PDT 2011

Hi Earthlings,

Along with the scheduling rules
http://hackerpublicradio.org/calendar.php there is the line "while
avoiding having any one host/series repeated in a week". The idea was
to allow for  someone uploading an entire series in one go and us
having to schedule it. That has worked well so that the queue is full
and that host still gets their series played fairly often, but ...

After an event like OggCamp/ILF/OLF/SELF etc we tend to get a load of
shows at once that are outside the traditional series concept. Some of
these have the "feel of the fest" and may go stale after a time.

Should we schedule those according to the same rules meaning there
would be no more than one a week, or should we open the floodgates and
have a few weeks dedicated to post festival interviews ?

Discuss.