[Hpr] Scheduling the same host or series in one week

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 22:49:14 PDT 2011

Thanks everyone for your feedback it is really helping to make the
scheduling better. I think that the Xorg interviews fall outside this
discussion as they are regular series and are not time critical. They
will be released one a week just like klaatu's series that are in the
queue now. That has the advantage that our listeners get to hear the
series regularly but not so often that it's the only content for
several days in a row.

One important point that I neglected to mention in the email (I think
I covered it a few times on the discussions on the community news
shows) is that the rules need to be clear, transparent, fair and most
of all possible to code. The rules as they stand now are:

if release_show_on = today then post else
if show_scheduled_slot = today then post else
if host_num_of_episodes = 0 then post else
for each show time_in_queue
   if host or series != in_last_5_days then post
next

We could simply reserve a slot of 5 shows a week after each event that
HPR is represented at to allow for editing. That would be known in
advance and could be added to the schedule under rule 1 or 2. That
would give the host some slots to cover any topical topics and the
other topics could be scheduled as normal shows or released on
syndicated Thursday.

Feedback as always is not mandatory at all and in no way feel any
pressure to contribute to the discussion of how to make HPR better.

Ken.