[Hpr] Community show and NYE

Kevin O'Brien zwilnik at zwilnik.com
Tue Dec 4 05:45:30 PST 2012

I just listened to the Community show covering November. Great stuff as
always, and I concur on how wonderful the RMS interview was. I do have
one complaint about Dann's Linux in the Shell series, though: I was
going to do a show on the "top" command. I had the material, and in fact
in written form I had published it in the Full Circle magazine. But I
would have gotten one show out of it, and Dann managed to get 4! I don't
know how he does it. <g> Fortunately, I have lots of other ideas.

I know I keep saying I am going to make it to the Community show, but
somehow things just keep getting in the way. Last Saturday I was
experiencing the joys of learning all about toilet installation, and
with my mistakes and do-overs, along with trips to the store, that ended
up taking most of the day. But I will definitely join in for the NYE
show. I recorded my first show for HPR right after last year's NYE show,
so it wold appear you guys did a good job of encouragement. I hope I can
pass some of that along this year.

BTW, I can't understand anything about compilers either, but I'm glad
there is a place for shows like that.

Kevin B. O'Brien
zwilnik at zwilnik.com
A damsel with a dulcimer in a vision once I saw.