[Hpr] Technical meeting to discuss setup for the New Year Show (2012-12-29T14:00:00Z)

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 03:56:11 PST 2012

Hi All,

Here's what came out of the meeting.

The mumble room will be increased to 100 participants for the
duration. This is mostly to accommodate the feeds and recordings.
Obviously everyone is welcome and encouraged to chat but you will also
be encourage to use the mirror streams for  when you just want to
listen along.

There will be at least two mirror networks one for mp3 and another for
ogg. There will be mumble clients called zHPRmp3 and zHPRogg will feed
the two networks.

If you wish to provide a mirror for the occasion then please add ONE
of the following to your /etc/icecast.xml and restart your icecast
server.

# Hacker Public Radio MP3 Mirror Master
    <relay>
        <server>mp3.hackerpublicradio.org</server>
        <port>8000</port>
        <mount>/streaming</mount>
        <localmount>/streaming</localmount>
    </relay>

# Hacker Public Radio OGG Vorbis Mirror Master
    <relay>
        <server>ogg.hackerpublicradio.org</server>
        <port>8000</port>
        <mount>/streaming.ogg</mount>
        <localmount>/streaming.ogg</localmount>
    </relay>

Once you have done that please email the url to your stream along with
the MAXIMUM number of streams you can handle to
admin at hackerpublicradio.org and we'll add it to the mirror script that
will mirror the event.

I'll put more information on the site over the next few hours once I'm
back from Ice Skating with the kids, and finishing putting up shelves
in the play room aka HPR New Year Mission Control Netherlands

Ken.