[Hpr] WordPress Gurus needed

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 09:44:29 PST 2012

Hi All,

Over the past year people have generously offered to help with the
wordpress site. We will be switching to word press over this weekend
and your services will be in demand.

In the mean time the people behind the site http://fossevents.org,
(and freenode.net) have asked our help in sorting out their event
upload page. http://fossevents.org/add-event/. While helping them will
benefit the community in general, it will also benefit HPR directly as
we need a place to manage and coordinate coverage at events.

My own opinion of what's needed is:

- A way to cut down on spam. email confirmation,
- A date picker to fill in Start and End dates, so that the times are
in a consistent format.
- iCal/Google Cal reminders
- Event Title,
- Event Description
- Geo Location - With links to OpenStreetmap/Google
- Links to web site, promotional badges/banners and audio/video clips
and http://lanyrd.com/

If you can get in touch with Jonathan by email or pop over to the
#fossevents on freenode. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Needless to say this qualifies as your "One Contribution an Year" and
some HPR stickers.