[Hpr] http://beta.hackerpublicradio.org/

Frank Bell frankwbell at cox.net
Fri Feb 10 13:42:32 PST 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 21:33:54 +0100
Ken Fallon <ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can people have a look at http://beta.hackerpublicradio.org/ and fill
> me in on what is broken, missing, etc

I don't see anything broken from the front.  Like the new logo.

At first glance:

Missing, quite a bit compared to regular HPR site:

Contribute, sponsor and affiliate logos.  They can be added using Appearance-->Widgets-->Text Widgets.  Paste the HTML into a text widget and place on sidebar.  Manipulate position by using the "position" dialog in the bottom of the config screen for each widget.  The call in information on the current sidebard can also be put in a text widget, including the link to the logo.

You can also place widgets in the footer (I was thinking of the license information).

What theme is used?  I see it's set up to display "pages" from the black line under the menu (see the "about" link just under the banner).  Depending on the number of pages you end up with, this could be problematical.  I know some ways around that that do not involve changine a theme wholesale.

The archive display works.  The "About" page is still the default WP language ("This is a page.  This is not a squire or a knight, or a lady in waiting, merely a page" or something like that).

The contact information at the top of the current HPR site can be put in a post if you want to keep it,  It could also be put in the header.php.  In the post configuration form (right of the text entry form), set the visibility to "Sticky" and that post will stay at the top of the screen.

Hope this helps.

--
Blogging at From Piine View Farm (http://www.pineviewfarm.net/weblog).  Updates daily.  Worthwhile updates occasionally.