[Hpr] http://beta.hackerpublicradio.org/

Frank Bell frankwbell at cox.net
Sat Feb 11 08:43:15 PST 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:54:16 -0800 (PST)
Matthew K <matt_hew at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> There is no visible button to subscribe to the RSS. There is also no link to the RSS. That should probably be big and bold since many people will use some RSS reader or podcast software to see the new content.

Just as a footnote, the RSS symbol in the browser address field allows subscriptions, but Matthew K is on to something.  It's easily overlooked.

The WordPress default setting is to display two feed options (comments or posts) when it's clicked.

The complete Meta widget in Appearance-->Widgets includes the same subscription options (comments or posts).  Addition options could be configures in a text widget.

I think having a page with multiple subscription options, as with the current site, is a good thing.

In my browser, it looks as if the favicon is missing from the beta site.

--
Blogging at From Piine View Farm (http://www.pineviewfarm.net/weblog).  Updates daily.  Worthwhile updates occasionally.