[Hpr] Blackout

Fifty OneFifty fiftyonefifty at linuxbasement.com
Mon Jan 16 11:56:15 PST 2012


I support the blackout.

FiftyOneFifty

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM, <hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org> wrote:

> Send Hpr mailing list submissions to
>        hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        hpr-owner at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Hpr digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA (Ken Fallon)
>   2. Re: Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA (Mark Katerberg)
>   3. Re: Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA (Klaatu)
>   4. Re: Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA (Mark Katerberg)
>   5. Re: Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA (Bradley Booms)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:32:46 +0100
> From: Ken Fallon <ken.fallon at gmail.com>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: [Hpr] Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA
> Message-ID:
>        <CAK-oqQbnL_h6cfySme_ioSaxdg6fn_yCX2iDtm1hv2oht0=phA at mail.gmail.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> The Guy's over at TLLTS are going to take part in a campaign against
> sopa. They intended to redirect the domain over to http://notosopa.org
> I was wondering if we in the HPR community would support such action.
> Should we redirect hpr for the day or should we keep out of politics ?
> Ken
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Lincoln Fessenden <linc at lincgeek.org>
> Date: Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM
> Subject: [Tllts] SOPA
> To: techshow at thelinuxlink.net, tllts at thelinuxlink.net
>
>
> On January 18th, 2012, the TLLTS website will participate in the SOPA
> protest as will freelinuxbox.org, lincware, lincolnblogs, linuxplanet
> blogs and linuxplanet casts. ?Normal activity will resume on the 19th.
>
> --
> -Linc Fessenden
>
> In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...
>
> _______________________________________________
> Tllts mailing list
> Tllts at www.thelinuxlink.net
> http://www.thelinuxlink.net/mailman/listinfo/tllts
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:34:41 -0600
> From: Mark Katerberg <diablomarcus at gmail.com>
> To: Ken Fallon <ken.fallon at gmail.com>
> Cc: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA
> Message-ID:
>        <CABnCifPWfnCUsJpCGo-nY1E5nbCyvyocN+5FQj=Y8RwR-ATkTA at mail.gmail.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> I think this is bigger than politics. I vote HPR blacks out for the day
> On Jan 16, 2012 12:33 PM, "Ken Fallon" <ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The Guy's over at TLLTS are going to take part in a campaign against
> > sopa. They intended to redirect the domain over to http://notosopa.org
> > I was wondering if we in the HPR community would support such action.
> > Should we redirect hpr for the day or should we keep out of politics ?
> > Ken
> >
> > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > From: Lincoln Fessenden <linc at lincgeek.org>
> > Date: Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM
> > Subject: [Tllts] SOPA
> > To: techshow at thelinuxlink.net, tllts at thelinuxlink.net
> >
> >
> > On January 18th, 2012, the TLLTS website will participate in the SOPA
> > protest as will freelinuxbox.org, lincware, lincolnblogs, linuxplanet
> > blogs and linuxplanet casts.  Normal activity will resume on the 19th.
> >
> > --
> > -Linc Fessenden
> >
> > In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Tllts mailing list
> > Tllts at www.thelinuxlink.net
> > http://www.thelinuxlink.net/mailman/listinfo/tllts
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Hpr mailing list
> > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20120116/1acfb608/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:48:35 -0500
> From: Klaatu <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA
> Message-ID: <201201161348.35979.klaatu at straightedgelinux.com>
> Content-Type: Text/Plain;  charset="us-ascii"
>
> I  agree, word-for-word, with Mark.  This isn't politics, this is SOPA,
> and I
> think we should blackout, with a re-direct.
>
> All of my little personal sites will be blacked out.
>
> For people who don't go to the site, and just let RSS grab the episode,
> should
> we upload an episode that contains simply the word "Sopa" ? or something
> like
> that?  Basically a short non-episodic equivalent to a page that has been
> blacked out and yet still sends you to notosopa.org   I don't think a rant
> would be appropriate, because then it's not a blackout, it's a rant.  But
> just
> something so that people who don't normally go to the site will notice that
> yes, HPR is not here today.
>
> I don't know, just an idea.  Maybe radio silence is better.
>
> --klaatu
>
>
>
>
> > I think this is bigger than politics. I vote HPR blacks out for the day
> >
> > On Jan 16, 2012 12:33 PM, "Ken Fallon" <ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The Guy's over at TLLTS are going to take part in a campaign against
> > > sopa. They intended to redirect the domain over to http://notosopa.org
> > > I was wondering if we in the HPR community would support such action.
> > > Should we redirect hpr for the day or should we keep out of politics ?
> > > Ken
> > >
> > > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > > From: Lincoln Fessenden <linc at lincgeek.org>
> > > Date: Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM
> > > Subject: [Tllts] SOPA
> > > To: techshow at thelinuxlink.net, tllts at thelinuxlink.net
> > >
> > >
> > > On January 18th, 2012, the TLLTS website will participate in the SOPA
> > > protest as will freelinuxbox.org, lincware, lincolnblogs, linuxplanet
> > > blogs and linuxplanet casts.  Normal activity will resume on the 19th.
> > >
> > > --
> > > -Linc Fessenden
> > >
> > > In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Tllts mailing list
> > > Tllts at www.thelinuxlink.net
> > > http://www.thelinuxlink.net/mailman/listinfo/tllts
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Hpr mailing list
> > > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > >
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> - klaatu
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:56:32 -0600
> From: Mark Katerberg <diablomarcus at gmail.com>
> To: klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
> Cc: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA
> Message-ID:
>        <CABnCifPtbRaAUTq76rENK-bbo=ignq7hrajrBMG7u+MRSA8OVA at mail.gmail.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> I think no episode for that day might be appropriate. We don't want the
> feed down as that might cause lasting errors on some players, but I agree a
> rant is a bad idea.
>
> The short (10-15 second) episode explaining the issue might also be good. I
> will volunteer to read it unless we want it read by a robot (might be
> better).
> On Jan 16, 2012 12:47 PM, "Klaatu" <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com> wrote:
>
> > I  agree, word-for-word, with Mark.  This isn't politics, this is SOPA,
> > and I
> > think we should blackout, with a re-direct.
> >
> > All of my little personal sites will be blacked out.
> >
> > For people who don't go to the site, and just let RSS grab the episode,
> > should
> > we upload an episode that contains simply the word "Sopa" ? or something
> > like
> > that?  Basically a short non-episodic equivalent to a page that has been
> > blacked out and yet still sends you to notosopa.org   I don't think a
> rant
> > would be appropriate, because then it's not a blackout, it's a rant.  But
> > just
> > something so that people who don't normally go to the site will notice
> that
> > yes, HPR is not here today.
> >
> > I don't know, just an idea.  Maybe radio silence is better.
> >
> > --klaatu
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > I think this is bigger than politics. I vote HPR blacks out for the day
> > >
> > > On Jan 16, 2012 12:33 PM, "Ken Fallon" <ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > The Guy's over at TLLTS are going to take part in a campaign against
> > > > sopa. They intended to redirect the domain over to
> http://notosopa.org
> > > > I was wondering if we in the HPR community would support such action.
> > > > Should we redirect hpr for the day or should we keep out of politics
> ?
> > > > Ken
> > > >
> > > > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > > > From: Lincoln Fessenden <linc at lincgeek.org>
> > > > Date: Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM
> > > > Subject: [Tllts] SOPA
> > > > To: techshow at thelinuxlink.net, tllts at thelinuxlink.net
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On January 18th, 2012, the TLLTS website will participate in the SOPA
> > > > protest as will freelinuxbox.org, lincware, lincolnblogs,
> linuxplanet
> > > > blogs and linuxplanet casts.  Normal activity will resume on the
> 19th.
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > -Linc Fessenden
> > > >
> > > > In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...
> > > >
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Tllts mailing list
> > > > Tllts at www.thelinuxlink.net
> > > > http://www.thelinuxlink.net/mailman/listinfo/tllts
> > > >
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Hpr mailing list
> > > > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > > >
> > http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> > - klaatu
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Hpr mailing list
> > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20120116/3c49dc4e/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:00:11 -0600
> From: Bradley Booms <bradley.booms at gmail.com>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA
> Message-ID:
>        <CAALOe6RLVeuyEzfEsOvu4MiV5WSd-JXTUz3Vp0x2T0Mb6F6pJQ at mail.gmail.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> As a listener, I think not having an episode for the day might be better,
> but a short about SOPA would be good as well. I certainly support
> redirecting the site for the day.
>
> Brad
>
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Klaatu <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I  agree, word-for-word, with Mark.  This isn't politics, this is SOPA,
> > and I
> > think we should blackout, with a re-direct.
> >
> > All of my little personal sites will be blacked out.
> >
> > For people who don't go to the site, and just let RSS grab the episode,
> > should
> > we upload an episode that contains simply the word "Sopa" ? or something
> > like
> > that?  Basically a short non-episodic equivalent to a page that has been
> > blacked out and yet still sends you to notosopa.org   I don't think a
> rant
> > would be appropriate, because then it's not a blackout, it's a rant.  But
> > just
> > something so that people who don't normally go to the site will notice
> that
> > yes, HPR is not here today.
> >
> > I don't know, just an idea.  Maybe radio silence is better.
> >
> > --klaatu
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > I think this is bigger than politics. I vote HPR blacks out for the day
> > >
> > > On Jan 16, 2012 12:33 PM, "Ken Fallon" <ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > The Guy's over at TLLTS are going to take part in a campaign against
> > > > sopa. They intended to redirect the domain over to
> http://notosopa.org
> > > > I was wondering if we in the HPR community would support such action.
> > > > Should we redirect hpr for the day or should we keep out of politics
> ?
> > > > Ken
> > > >
> > > > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > > > From: Lincoln Fessenden <linc at lincgeek.org>
> > > > Date: Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM
> > > > Subject: [Tllts] SOPA
> > > > To: techshow at thelinuxlink.net, tllts at thelinuxlink.net
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On January 18th, 2012, the TLLTS website will participate in the SOPA
> > > > protest as will freelinuxbox.org, lincware, lincolnblogs,
> linuxplanet
> > > > blogs and linuxplanet casts.  Normal activity will resume on the
> 19th.
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > -Linc Fessenden
> > > >
> > > > In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...
> > > >
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Tllts mailing list
> > > > Tllts at www.thelinuxlink.net
> > > > http://www.thelinuxlink.net/mailman/listinfo/tllts
> > > >
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Hpr mailing list
> > > > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > > >
> > http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> > - klaatu
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Hpr mailing list
> > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20120116/bd4c96e6/attachment.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Hpr mailing list
> Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
>
> End of Hpr Digest, Vol 40, Issue 9
> **********************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20120116/faf547e9/attachment-0006.html>


More information about the Hpr mailing list