[Hpr] Fwd: [Tllts] SOPA

Matt Dew marcoz at osource.org
Mon Jan 16 13:35:51 PST 2012

Should folks start planning and organizing now to fight SOPA for when it
re-appears?

Should we get a good-natured betting-pool going?  Whether it'll return as a:

1) stand alone bill
2) War on Terror bill
3) "think of the children" bill
4) War on drugs bill
5) as a rider buried in the budget appropriations

and when?

The 'losers' have to donate money to the FSFE, EFF, or another
organization fighting this?

I'm not trying to make light of this, but rather I fully expect
SOPA/PIPA proponents to try again, harder.  It might be easier to keep
up the fight if we stay good natured until we need to battle again.

*My representative was fully supportive of SOPA and got very defensive
when I started questioning about his stance.  A senator I talked with is
a supporter of PIPA but wasn't as defensive.