[Hpr] (no subject)

Kevin O'Brien zwilnik at zwilnik.com
Tue Jan 17 13:00:16 PST 2012

That is a good project. I pledged to them a couple of months ago.

I am working on a series (3?4?5?) of shows under the overall title
"Freedom is Not Free" to talk about how people can and should support
"Free Software". I had planned to record the first one this past weekend
but a router dying on me got in the way. And I may not get ot it this
weekend because I am scheduled to give a presentation at a Con. But I
have mapped it all out and will get it in shortly. this is an example of
one of the ways (financial) that people can give support.

Regards,

On 1/17/2012 3:43 PM, Ken Fallon wrote:
> Anyone who donates get's themselves a HPR sticker
>
> http://debian-handbook.info/liberation/
>
> Ken.
>
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Fifty OneFifty
> <fiftyonefifty at linuxbasement.com
> <mailto:fiftyonefifty at linuxbasement.com>> wrote:
>
>     Ken asked me to forward this thought to the list:  I heard in
>     ep0899 (those Sunday review guys get better every time), that a
>     best selling Debian Administrators Handbook (
>     http://debian-handbook.info/  ) is being translated from French to
>     English.  I'm sure you listened as well.  If they reach their
>     contribution goal (currently at 70%), the handbook will be placed
>     in the repos and you will be able to apt-get it to your desktop.
>     This goes right along with the discussion Ken and I had NYE based
>     on Pat Hingley's ep0855 (Packaging for You Distro) where Pat
>     suggested creative works could be packaged with distributions just
>     like software, and it would relate to Klattu's package manager
>     series.  Ken and I talked about packaging the entirety of HPR as a
>     PPA and branching out to other distros (one day someone is going
>     to point out my proclivity for advancing ideas that others have
>     more experience to carry out).  From Raphael Hertzog's blog  (
>     http://raphaelhertzog.com/ ), it appears they are working on some
>     of the kinks such a project might encounter, so I thought the
>     Debian Handbook project would bear watching even if they don't
>     reach their contribution goal.
>

>     FiftyOneFifty

Kevin B. O'Brien
zwilnik at zwilnik.com
"He moves in darkness as it seems to me,
Not of woods only and the shade of trees."