[Hpr] Vote on removing non HPR shows.

Matthew K matt_hew at rocketmail.com
Wed Oct 10 11:09:17 PDT 2012

Too many shows? What a great problem to have!!! Is it really to the point where there are too many shows? Fantastic!

My vote is, that I think Hacker Public Radio should be first and foremost for individuals (or groups of individuals) to post shows on topics they think would interest the community.

If a syndicated group wants to put thier shows on the station, I think that is great; however, I feel that they should only play if there is nothing else in the queue. If I want to subscribe to something like the full circle podcast, it is already on the Internet somewhere else, and I could just subscribe to it there. I think we should just link to things like that rather than hosting duplicate content on HPR. They should only be used as "filler"when there is no show to play.

If we really need to cut, I think the news shows, and summaries of shows could be cut out (or appended to other shows) on months where there is a glutton of shows. Also, combining multi-part episodes into a single episode before posting could help reduce show count.

Matt