[Hpr] Vote on removing non HPR shows.

Stephen Ward aukondk at aukondk.com
Thu Oct 11 05:32:10 PDT 2012

If nothing else the activity on the mailing list has prompted me to knuckle
down and finish scripting some shows. One is ready to record (about The
Doctor Who Restoration Team) and I'm sure I can get another ready this week.

It's been just over a year since my first submitted show, the first went on
the feed immediately as I was new and the second went out the day after I
submitted as the queue was empty. The third took 2 and a half months to get
on the feed which was great because it showed how much more content there
was, but it did knock the enthusiasm back a bit.

I'm wracking my brains for something useful to say. As a listener I tend to
skip the syndicated shows and the newscast just because I've been 2 or 3
weeks behind with my podcasts all year. I wouldn't say get rid of
non-exclusive shows but I would say to lose the dedicated
day. Prioritize the new content and syndicate shows only to pad out an
emptying queue, along with an appeal for shows tagged on the beginning.
I've just noticed the queue is pretty short right now, eep!

Slightly offtopic but I worry that the shows don't get a whole lot of
feedback. The odd comment on the blog feed but until the community news
episode each month most show get no commentary at all. No idea if that's
something that can be fixed or if it's just me. Even just the equivalent of
a "like" or "+1" button on the episode just to know the episode
is appreciated could encourage more submissions.

AukonDK
--
Stephen Ward
Admin - aukondk.com