[Hpr] Vote on removing non HPR shows.

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:03:33 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I want to thank everyone for providing feedback on the current state
of affairs, this discussion has been fantastic to watch and
participate in. I wanted to take the time to summarise the situation
as I see it and I'd appreciate people commenting on whither this is
correct or not from your point of view.

shows in would match the flow of shows out.

Fact:
	HPR can only control the release rate and has no control over the
rate at which shows are submitted.
	Sometimes there are very few shows in the queue resulting in problems
for the admins in getting shows to air.
	Other times there are a lot of shows in the queue resulting in hosts
waiting a long time for their show to air.

The issue that needs to be solved:
	We need a way to regulate the queue.

The current solution:
	We have used syndicated content to reduce the amount of shows released.
	This has failed as it has not regulated the queue.

The Solution (Too many shows in the queue):
	Release HPR shows at a rate of five shows a week.
	We have seen that a rate of 3 shows a week will fill up the queue and
5 shows a week will empty it.

The Solution (Too few shows in the queue):
	Increase the number of backup shows in the queue.
	If these shows start playing then the admins will have some time to
muster new shows.

With that in mind I propose changing the scheduling rules to:

Time critical:
	A show contains newsworthy information of importance to the community
in general.

Reserved Show Number:
	Where a host has reserved a special show number (eg HPR1000).

Reserved Date:
	Where a host has reserved a special date ( eg April 1 ).

Reserved Block:
	Where a host has attended a festival and can reserve up to 5 slots
within two weeks of the event.

New Hosts:
	In order to encourage new hosts we will prioritize their first show.

Shows From the High Priority Queue:
	HPR Content based on the host with the oldest previous release date.

Shows From the Normal Priority Queue:
	HPR Content based on the host with the oldest previous release date.

Shows From the Low Priority Queue:
	HPR Content based on the host with the oldest previous release date.

Shows From the Procrastination Queue:
	HPR Content based on the host with the oldest previous release date.
	Anyone known to procrastinate will have the option of uploading an
embarrassing show to this queue.
	So long as the queue remains filled then the show will never be played.

Play the HPR Last Show Episode:
	If this show is played, then the community has no desire for HPR to continue.
	Sync with Archive.org and Shutdown HPR.

Notes:
	Reservations should be made well in advance.
	Allocation of regular slots will need to be approved by the mailing list.

OK What do you think ?