[Hpr] Vote on removing non HPR shows.

epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net
Fri Oct 12 10:44:31 PDT 2012

> With that in mind I propose changing the scheduling rules to:
>
> Time critical:
[...]
> Reserved Show Number:
[...]
> Reserved Date:
[...]
> Reserved Block:
[...]
> New Hosts:
[...]
> Shows From the High Priority Queue:
>         HPR Content based on the host with the oldest previous release date.
>
> Shows From the Normal Priority Queue:
>         HPR Content based on the host with the oldest previous release date.
>
> Shows From the Low Priority Queue:
>         HPR Content based on the host with the oldest previous release date.
To be clear, the high/normal/low priority queue is self-selected (i.e. submitter decides
which queue to put their submission into?  I was just about to ask what defined these when
I remembered you had previously mentioned that...)
> Shows From the Procrastination Queue:
>         HPR Content based on the host with the oldest previous release date.
>         Anyone known to procrastinate will have the option of uploading an
>         embarrassing show to this queue.
>
>         So long as the queue remains filled then the show will never be
>         played.

This idea is sick, perverted, wrong, and borderline extortionistic, and I endorse
it wholeheartedly. Ways to encourage people to contribute to this queue ought
to be a good topic for discussion (as is the general subject of what sorts of
shows would be appropriate for it).

> Play the HPR Last Show Episode:
>         If this show is played, then the community has no desire for HPR to
>         continue.
>         Sync with Archive.org and Shutdown HPR.

[...]
The HPR Doomsday Device! In other words, if the queue ever completely runs out,
the show automatically offs itself? That's pretty hardcore. I imagine nobody wants
to be the one who killed HPR by being lazy...

I actually like all of this. The only thing I think is missing is some incentive for
regular (more frequent) contributors of HPR-exclusive shows (and an incentive to
join the "procrastination queue).  Any ideas?  One thought that comes to mind
(thought it would further complicate the queue-priority calculation a bit) might
be an optional "+1 slot" boost (i.e. after the time-critical/new host/etc. shows,
the submission gets moved to one day earlier regardless of "last submission date)
for anyone currently maintaining a "regular contributor of HPR-exclusive material"
status (how this would be defined is debatable, but could be some number of shows
in the last three months, or some number or percentage of shows in the current queue),
and perhaps another for having a "certified embarassing" show in the procrastination queue.

("certified" as I imagine there ought to be some sort of evaluation as to whether a show
really counts as "embarassing". A show on the subject like "perverted acts with electronic
equipment" might still not qualify if it's been submitted by someone calling themselves "FaxHumper"
who runs a well-known office-equipment-themed porn site, for example...).

I was thinking slot-boost for frequent contributors as a way of keeping them from dominating
the queue by getting them through it more quickly rather than discouraging them by holding
shows back.  Just a random thought though I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.