[Hpr] Vote on removing non HPR shows.

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 12:13:26 PDT 2012

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:44:31 -0400
epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net wrote:

(to the list this time :) )

Thanks for the feedback .

> To be clear, the high/normal/low priority queue is self-selected
> (i.e. submitter decides which queue to put their submission into?  I
> was just about to ask what defined these when I remembered you had
> previously mentioned that...)
Yes the hosts would select the priority, and they can probably also
change the priority if they want - although that is more difficult to
code.

> The only thing I think is missing is some incentive for regular
> (more frequent) contributors of HPR-exclusive shows (and an
> incentive to join the "procrastination queue).  Any ideas?

There is no need to ask people to use the procrastination queue at
all. If you procrastinate and you think that having an embarrassing
show acting as a Damocles sword will motivate you, then fine by me.
So long as you submit shows or get others to submit shows then grand.
What you consider embarrassing is entirely personal so if "I had a
crush on my school teacher" was enough to motivate you then good. The
only fear is that people might avoid filling the queue just to hear
the shows :)

I think I'm missing the point of the "frequent contributors" thing. If
you want to put out a regular show like LiTS, then you can mail the
list to get permission for a slot. If you want your show to come out
sooner move it to the higher queue. I work from the viewpoint that
ever contributer is equal as any other, so I have a problem with
prioritizing on that basis. From a practical point of view how do you
define "frequent contributors" anyway. Do we count the amount of
shows, if so klaatu would win hands down but his last show was
released last year. I class Dave Morriss as having contributed
massive amounts to the network behind the scenes and he only has one
show out.

Whatever we pick, it has to be fair and seen to be fair.