[Hpr] Please send in more shows

Patrick Dailey pdailey03 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:43:49 PDT 2012

In addition to what Ken said here, I'll add that collaborative shows are a
great way to participate. If your sound system is working well enough for
you to record your voice into Audacity, then it's very likely that Mumble
will just work for you. The very cool people over at Linux Basix (
www.linuxbasix.com ) have made their mumble server available to us, and
even have a dedicated HPR room on there. Look for the section titled
"Mumble settings" in the lower right hand part of the page for the server
details.

You could do a show with a friend regardless of where in the world either
of you are, and there are probably dozens of experienced HPR hosts who
would be willing to do a collaborative show with a first time host. I know
I'm always up for doing a show that I don't have to edit. For me podcasting
is a lot of fun, but it's always more fun when I'm sharing it.