[Hpr] Hpr Digest, Vol 49, Issue 15

Kevin O'Brien zwilnik at zwilnik.com
Mon Oct 15 18:52:11 PDT 2012

On 10/15/2012 04:59 PM, Ken Fallon wrote:
> Hi 5150,
>
> This is not the first time and definitely wont be the last time that
> this topic has been discussed. I am very glad that you have pointed
> out a failing of the currently agreed rules for posting shows. No less
> than three shows posted in the last week made mention of "upcoming
> events" that had well and truly passed. These hosts had a reasonable
> expectation of when their show would be posted and we missed that by
> several months in some cases. So the rules as agreed on this list and
> described here http://hackerpublicradio.org/calendar.php are not
> working in their current form.

I was one of the hosts, and it didn't really bother me. You might want
to keep in mind that no algorithm is always going to work, and there is
probably an 80/20 rule here. 20% of the good rules you can come up with
will get you 80% of the results you want, and adding more rules takes
more and more effort for less and less result. Since I don't think you
want to turn this int a full-time unpaid job, I'd be happy for this to
come out as "It mostly works, and when it doesn't, it's amusing."

Kevin B. O'Brien
zwilnik at zwilnik.com
http://google.me/+kevinobrien