[Hpr] Submission question, *.ogg and *.spx

epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net
Wed Oct 17 18:04:42 PDT 2012

> > > It is easier for us if we get one (1) high quality version of the
> > > file. Ideally in a lossless format like flac or wav, failing that a
> > > high quality ogg file.
> >
> > Forgot to mention - Don't include the intro or outro either for the
> > same reasons.
> >
> > Ken.
>
> This is actually news to me, I'm ashamed to admit. In my own defense, and
> probably something we need to fix, the /contribute.php page on
> hackerpublicradio.org does not say this at all. In fact it says exactly the
> opposite: splice on the intro and outro and export at mid-quality ogg or mp3
> and upload.
>
> - klaatu

I've been assuming we can optionally do the editing/splicing/encoding
ourselves, so for my submissions I've so far been handling it on my end,
partly to save labor at the HPR side and partly to indulge the schtick of
having a couple of seconds of "prologue" and "epilogue" audio before and
after the rest of the recording (including the HPR intro and outro).

(If that's frowned upon, somebody tell me and I'll stop doing it...I've
got several episode concepts I'm planning to work on soon.)