[Hpr] voting

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:30:39 PDT 2012

The flac files and more are under http://hackerpublicradio.org/media/

[...]
> Please do not use flite or espeak on this.  The folks over at TWiT
> record this themselves.  It sounds better with a human voice.  I am
> far more in favor of not having an opening teaser at all but that
> reflects my personal taste in production style more than any overall
> theoretical views of production.
Sure it will sound better and if people want to record and upload the
summary as a separate flac, then we can accommodate it but .... (cc:ing
in Jonathan of the http://accessiblecomputingfoundation.org/) .... I
think that by using these text-to-speech tools we get to experience
what the "free desktop" sounds like to people that can't see it. Perhaps
by using the tools that blind users rely on we can raise awareness to
how bad the situation is. Perhaps even prompting someone to throw $2 a
month to the ACF to get them to fix the problem. Better yet getting
some hackers working on the issue.