[Hpr] HPR feed problem (and a probably fix)

epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net
Fri Sep 28 11:54:41 PDT 2012

I've actually been having an annoying issue with the Ogg feed for some time now. (Not sure about the mp3 feed, but I think it has the same issue.)
Swallowcatcher reads the feed okay, but doesn't like the date so the episodes all show up in semi-random order at the bottom of the other feeds.
Antennapod just crashes (xml parsers seem to be awfully brittle, maybe especially java ones...)

The online validators complain that the pubDate is in the wrong format.  Apparently, "pubDate" is supposed to be in that awful bastardized
RFC822 format.

I think in PHP, it goes date("d M Y H:i:s T") (or optionally, date("D, d M Y H:i:s T") - the initial "day of week" appears to be optional).  php("r")
MIGHT also work, but I'm not sure.

I can make the change if the source for the feed generator is available somewhere, if anyone wants...