[Hpr] Fw: corenominal: A demo Hacker Public Radio app: http://t.co/enDZnxSnPD /cc @ken_fallon #HPR

Philip Newborough corenominal at corenominal.org
Tue Apr 16 11:59:49 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Ken Fallon <ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:46:28 +0100
> Philip Newborough <corenominal at corenominal.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Matthew K
>> <littlecodemonkey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > It looks good, but shouldn't the "about" page be the landing page
>> > instead of the episodes?
>> >

>> Good question -- I should probably have stated that it is not supposed
>> to be a replacement for the website. If it helps, try to imagine it as
>> a desktop app and ask yourself the question, 'Do I really want to see
>> a splash/about screen every time I start this app, or do I want to get
>> straight to the meat?' :)
>>
>> Philip
>>

> *cough* we're also looking for a html5/css website replacement *cough*
>
> Great Work corenominal.

Thanks buddy. Regarding helping out on a replacement website, I'd love to.

> It works on my crappy HTC Desire, once I enable javascript. Is there a
> way to do any of this without resorting to javascript or am I even more
> naive than normal ?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, no. :D

Seriously though, I understand if you have reservations, it took me a
long time before I was ready to embrace DOM scripting, but eventually
I caved and I quite enjoy it now -- as someone with a background in
server-side coding, I find the occasional foray into the client quite
a trip.

Anyhow, for anyone interested, the git repo is here:
https://github.com/corenominal/HTML5HPRapp

Philip