[Hpr] Various Creative Commons Works

epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net
Sat Apr 20 12:45:45 PDT 2013

> Uh, have we moved from "There are no shows in the queue, how can we
> possibly keep going?" to the alternate state of "We have too many shows,
> we need to split the feed."

Or, "we can consider posting more than one show in a day"...

I like the idea of adding "Various creative commons works" to the feed, assuming they are likely to be "of interest to hackers" in which case it makes sense to me to keep them with the main feed, but they could potentially be released as "bonus episodes" on the same day as a regular episode, rather than further extending the backlog (2 months, currently...).  Some sort of rule based on the current backlog of shows could be declared to determine when these extra shows are added as a daily "bonus episode" or just inserted as "that day's show" like normal (e.g. "if there are at least 3 weeks worth of regular shows in the queue, OCC shows are released concurrently with a regular show on the same day. Otherwise, they are treated as a regular show.")

Just a thought.

(What IS the "ideal" backlog for the HPR queue?)