[Hpr] Amendment to the Scheduling Rules

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 00:54:41 PDT 2013

I would like to suggest the following amendments to the scheduling
rules detailed below in ALL CAPS bellow:

http://hackerpublicradio.org/calendar.php#normal_priority
We now release shows based on when the hosts last had a show aired.
This brings new hosts and returning hosts to the top of the queue to
encourage their efforts, and it also spreads out shows submitted in
batches and gives a wider variety of hosts. Once a host is determined,
the first show uploaded by that host is released. If you wish your
shows to be released in a particular order then make sure you make that
obvious in the title and by emailing admin at hackerpublicradio.org.
You can swap the order of the shows but it involves additional effort
and is frowned upon :).
WHERE POSSIBLE WE WILL NOT RELEASE SHOWS FROM THE SAME HOST IN ANY ONE
WEEK.

http://hackerpublicradio.org/calendar.php#synicated_shows
Syndicated Shows
We will continue to promote new podcasts and other creative commons
material but due to a lack of slots, we are only releasing material
created exclusively for HPR. If there is a piece of creative commons
content that you would like to promote, then feel free to record a
regular show where you introduce the content and explain why it is
important and providing links to where we can get more information.
THESE SHOWS WILL CAN BE RELEASED EITHER UNDER YOUR OWN NAME OR UNDER
THE GENERIC HOST CALLED "VARIOUS CREATIVE COMMONS WORKS" (HOSTID <a
href="http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=158">158</a>)

The amendment "WHERE POSSIBLE WE WILL NOT RELEASE SHOWS FROM THE SAME
HOST IN ANY ONE WEEK." had been included prior to the changes in
January, but I would like to put it back.

The amendment "THESE SHOWS WILL CAN BE RELEASED EITHER UNDER YOUR
OWN NAME OR UNDER THE GENERIC HOST CALLED "VARIOUS CREATIVE COMMONS
WORKS" was discussed in the mail list under the title of "Various
Creative Commons Works" but the discussions got derailed.

Please keep discussion to these two points only.

As always Silence, or no comment is assumed to be approval.