[Hpr] Various Creative Commons Works

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 03:34:37 PDT 2013

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 05:48:02 -0400
Jason Dodd <jason.s.dodd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ken,
> Good on you for reviving HPR.  I'm grateful but...

The positions is open you only requirement is that StankDwag needs to
feel he can trust you with the key. It has been my goal to walk away
from this job asap and there a lot of people working to make the
automation necessary to achieve that goal. Everyone and anyone
is free to take over at any time.

> I'll admit this is a little facetious as I don't really care when
> shows are released.

Well I do, because this network will cease to exist if shows do not
continue to come in. Right now, New or Older hosts looking at the
Calendar might not contribute because it looks like we are swimming in
shows. We are not. We still need 166 shows to fill to the end of the
year.

The logical thing to do would be to remove the files from the Calendar
page. I have just now done this for all the shows. The page now focuses
on hosts only.

Waitttttttt.

The only reason that the files were ever shown is to allow the hosts to
know that they have been processed. To that end I put the file list on
the ftp server in a file called queue.txt. That way the hosts get to
know where the shows are.

Is that sufficient or should we continue to shoot ourselves in the
foot by listing all the shows ?

For everyone else "How To Become A Hacker" can be read here: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html