[Hpr] Visibility of the show queue/calendar

Dave Morriss dave.morriss at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 10:52:28 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I just wanted to express my regret that the show list on the calendar
page has been removed.

I understand Ken's view that what appears to be a surfeit of shows might
send out the false message that we can all relax and stop sending
contributions. However, I don't think that hiding the queue is the right
thing to do.

After all, 34 shows and 142 slots is still a shortage. I would sooner
see a graphic (pie chart, "fuel gauge" or something) making it clear
that the need for more shows is still acute. There's no accounting for
human psychology, but I'd have thought being up front about the
situation is better than hiding it.

Just my personal view. Being the geek I am I found watching the queue
fascinating.

Dave

David Morriss, Scotland, UK | Dave.Morriss at gmail.com